Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Canberra/Australia

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Canberra/Australia Empty Hello from Canberra/Australia

Post by Jonda500 Mon Jul 21 2014, 21:20

Hi everyone, I've recently become addicted to these things!- It started 3 months ago when I found a website in oz (ozbicycleengines.com.au) with jackshaft shift kits and engine kits ($120 & $220) available - I sent them a heap of cash but have only recieved some of the things I ordered and some of the components were crooked/bent or otherwise completely inoperable and unrepairable... moved right on from that obstacle, -bought an engine kit from zues industries- it was a little better - then I discovered the SickBikeParts web site and engine kits(black only) available from an Australian Ebay seller (A&S Powersellers). The black engine I got from ebay turned out to be soo much better I had to buy another one! As for the shift kits from sickbikeparts they were top notch- I have two and a third is on its way!
So any way I currently have:
-A ten speed malvern star mongrel ATB which needs a new clutch centre and for a shift kit to be installed!
-A ten speed Repco ATB(although now it's only a 5 speed as I removed ther front derailier and used the left shifter as the clutch lever) This bike has a wonderful creations lighting kit (which works well), a pain in the ass jackshaft bracket made up of 3 seperate pieces and an extremely gutless engine.
-A 21 speed Apollo mountain bike (with a very large size frame- I'm 6 foot tall). I have started pulling this one back apart to intsall a shift kit!
-A 21 speed mongoose. This is the latest and best one I have made so far. With a jackshift kit and no front derailliuer it has seven gears operated by an indexed thumb shifter on the left handlebar. I have changed the left jackshaft gear from a 17 to a 21 tooth cog and the right one from 10 to 9 teeth and have it turning a 44 tooth chain wheel so I can ride using the pedals and engine simultaneously (-but it's very hard to start!) The original brakes are hooked up to a dual brake lever and I have fitted a $79 lightning ignition kit. I have fitted velocity wheels with Maxxis 2.7" tyres which I run at 25psi giving me a plush comfy feel.

Jonda500

Birthday : 1967-05-19

Back to top Go down

Hello from Canberra/Australia Empty Re: Hello from Canberra/Australia

Post by Fly Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:45

Which shift kit did you buy, the standard or heavy duty. I,m planning
on my #2 build, but with a shift kit this time.I wondered if the difference
in price was worth it?

Fly

Fly

Birthday : 2045-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonda500 Mon Jan 26 2015, 18:33

Hey Fly, I have 6 shift kits now, I only paid the extra for the HD kit twice and so far I think it is NOT worth the extra money- my cheap standard shift kit is still working fine after over 300ks whereas one of my HD kits had soo much freeplay in the HD freewheel from new that I bought a cheap freewheel to replace it with!
Maybe for a worked/hotted up engine the HD freewheel would be a good idea but getting a nice tight one is hit and miss whichever one you pick! -so what I do now is buy two cheap ones hoping one of them will have no freeplay!

Jonda500

Birthday : 1967-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by elgallo Tue Feb 24 2015, 21:25

good luck with everything.
i would pay close attention to reviews and comments on vendors/sellers. some are ok some are worth crap. so be careful. i know that it takes long to to research but in the long run your going to benefit from your time spent doing your homework,
elgallo
elgallo

Birthday : 1983-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum