Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grubee SkyHawk Spinning forward HELP !!!

2 posters

Go down

Grubee SkyHawk Spinning forward   HELP !!! Empty Grubee SkyHawk Spinning forward HELP !!!

Post by nightwalker Sat Feb 08 2014, 20:56

Hello Everyone on this awsome form. So Glad that i can talk to people about this. Im kinda clueless. I got a brand new kit and another one from this guy. So i have 2 66/80cc whatever bike motors and set up. I recently got this aluminum Stick to make and dremel and cut for the Tensioner. Put a new drive gear sproket and swapped it cause i have bigger chain. The problem is Now everythings set up pretty good, and with the clutch level pulled in or out now after one ride around the neighborhood (one big circle) It outta nowhere spins going forward and wont spin the motor and now im just clueless to what to do. If i go backwards it snags but forward wont do anything but spin free so im kinda worried. I need it to just roll start again but idk why it wont outta nowhere. Please anyhelp.
Btw im From Augusta,Ga Hick state. lol Nice to meet everyone. I Hope someone knows. Ill attach some pics of both kits.

nightwalker

Birthday : 1988-04-04

Back to top Go down

Grubee SkyHawk Spinning forward   HELP !!! Empty Re: Grubee SkyHawk Spinning forward HELP !!!

Post by Fabian Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:42

You need to tighten up the clutch pressure plate by screwing in the flower nut 3 notches. Remember to reinstall the small screw that stops the flower nut from freely rotating, and do so by applying a small amount of Loctite 222 on the screw threads.

Do not use anything other than Loctite 222.

In my opinion a single speed drive system is a a fairly useless method.
A much better option is to get a SickBikeParts shift kit that allows engine power to go through the rear cassette; allowing you to change gears, just like a car with a manual transmission.

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down