Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013

Go down

Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013 Empty Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013

Post by Fabian Sat Mar 23 2013, 02:07

It's now late March and we've been graced with some beautiful sunny days; allowing me to take full advantage of the weather conditions for another alpine hill climb in the outer eastern region of Victoria.

I knew Mt Baw Baw was going to be filthy steep (in excess of 21% gradient in some parts with an average of 12%), and i also knew that the engine would be working it's heart out on the way up.
As it turned out, it most certainly was, and i'm sure the climb has taken 2,000 kilometers off the life of the engine; spewing oil and piston rings out the exhaust; making all sorts of unusual clanking noises by the time i reached the summit.

The flip side of the hill climb was the decent and Mt Baw Baw gives the rider something to think about; being confronted with the possibility of utilising your ambulance cover at every turn.
Never before on a downhill run have i had the brake pads literally smoking; complete with the (Hayes 9") brake rotor turning a nice shade of distressed blue, trying to hold back the bike from getting on the scary side of 75 k/ph, with 40 kilos of trailer pushing from behind.

Without doubt, Mt Baw Baw is definitely one of the greatest alpine hill climbs.

Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013 Mt_baw10

Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013 Mt_baw11

Mt Baw Baw Hill Climb - March 2013 Mt_baw12

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down