Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new guy 1st motorized bike build

2 posters

Go down

new guy 1st motorized bike build Empty new guy 1st motorized bike build

Post by rondo Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:59

just wanted to introduce myself i am rondo and live in san diego cal where its perfect mtzdbike weather just about year round . A friend brought me a box w/ most of the parts for a eng. installation on a beach cruiser bike also included. SO FAR i have gone through the eng. carb cdi and clutch mechanism. iam going to fab the exhuast and chain tensioner myself. I FABBED SOME ENG. MOUNTS YETERDAY and got the eng. in the frame. made half a-- tensioner just so to see if it would start it sounded like it wanted to run but i ran out of daylightand called it quits .I will be going out to the garage shortly and will be checking fuel delivery, i checked for spark and it is good and strong ,so it should fire up. Ihope.THIS is a great site and will be asking for help if i cant get it to run.

rondo

Birthday : 1955-01-19

Back to top Go down

new guy 1st motorized bike build Empty Re: new guy 1st motorized bike build

Post by rondo Sun Oct 28 2012, 22:25

well my basket case build runs as just a bunch of junk that showed up in a milk crate at my house oneday. ISORTED THROUGH IT AND found that the studs for eng mounts were missing except for one.Idug arond in my bolt bucket found a piece of all thread and cut some pieces and threaded it into the block.next up was missing motor mounting blocks. LOOKED IN MY METAL STOCK and found some aluminum channel stock cut two pieces and drilled them to fit over the all thread studs i made . found 4 nuts in the bolt bucket and mounted engine into frame.put the chain on with chainbreaker tool. and fabbed up a tensioner. MY first attempt sucked so i re- worked the wheel and alinged the tensioner bracket and chain roller. That took alittle time to get the chain roller rear sprocket and eng. drive gear all flowing together with the right tension. thats probably the most critical step in this project ,throwing a chain off is never any good, and can mean serious bodily harm or even worse. take an extra few minutes when doing chain work you will be glad youdid when your chain doesnt give you any problems. anway IPUT A NIW GAS LINEon, took the bike to the top of a small hill up the street , rolled down the hill and the hunk of junk started right up so ibuzzedit around a little then shut it down. it freakn noisy with no muffler .thats the next step and the BASKET CASE will be fintshed. So far i have invested zero dollars, just my time and skills to this point. well hope you are all doing well with your own project bikes aND HAPPY MOTORING TO YOU.

rondo

Birthday : 1955-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabian Sat Apr 13 2013, 09:51

The engine will most definitely be obnoxiously loud without a muffler.
I've taken a great many measures to make my bicycle engine as quiet as possible.

Cheers
Fabian

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down