Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options

2 posters

Go down

Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options Empty Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options

Post by Fabian Wed Aug 01 2012, 15:17

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down

Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options Empty Re: Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options

Post by kavid2012 Sun Aug 05 2012, 04:10

these are rc engines and these engines take special fuel which are very expensive. like 20 dollars for a gallon. and probably hard to install on the bike too. i would like to try morini engine with a shiftkit. with that setup you should be able to hit like over 60mph.

kavid2012

Birthday : 1984-04-21

Back to top Go down

Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options Empty Re: Potential Motorized Bicycle Engine Options

Post by Fabian Sun Aug 05 2012, 06:09

Yes, some do run on a special fuel but some are designed to run on normal 2-stroke fuel with a spark ignition system.
I have been flying large scale radio control helicopters for the last 15 years so i am aware that RC engines operate on a special fuel, though others are designed to run on normal 2-stroke mix with a spark ignition system.

I should put up the video of 3W engines that are designed for drones. Their construction is a replication of the 3W RC range with necessary modifications for drone operation.

As i said in my post, they could form the basic architecture for a motorized bicycle engine.
You would need to make modifications to the engine case and propeller output shaft to make it work, but this is well within the scope of a home machinist with a lathe and milling machine.

I am not interested in top speed, nor do i even think about top speed as a factor for such a conversion.
It's all about asthetics: the thought of having a boxer twin or a boxer 4 cylinder engine (with those delightful anodized red cylinders) in a bicycle frame is something to die for!

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kavid2012 Sun Aug 05 2012, 22:27

yes, i also used to play with RC cars. those engines i don't know exact cc of the engines but very small. maybe 10 to 20cc i think. probably less than a horse power. i used to buy O.S. engine which is japanese rc engine manufacturer and they made real precise and well made. and i think they have bigger engines for helicopters and airplanes with multiple cylinders.
i think it would be nice to put v twin one for the bicycle. they rev real high too! like 30,000 rpm. would sound exotic!

kavid2012

Back to top Go down

Post by kavid2012 Sun Aug 05 2012, 22:35

maybe like this one lol

http://osengines.com/engines/osmg1330.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
some of the os airplane engines.

http://osengines.com/engines/airplane.html

kavid2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down