Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best options for first build

Go down

best options for first build Empty best options for first build

Post by shaggybirdman Fri Mar 10 2017, 03:31

ok guys i need to pick your brains a bit. im a big guy. in the stock pedal bike forums as a Clydesdale. there's 1 issue. in NY we can only have a 50cc motor. i kinda think id need a 80cc motor, or maybe a 4 stroke? Ive been looking at the motor kits on eBay, and wonder if one of them would be a good choice? the price sure is nice. $100 for a 50cc delivered, and a 80cc $103 delivered. ill be honest id like the 80, but gotta see if the bike gets a look over. if so i need to use a 50. if not a 80 mite be in my future.

Ive watched some videos on you tube and there are some upgrades that clam 30 mph. i only for see 1 issue. the down tube on my bike is fat. i hope the front mount is removable so i can fab a usable mount. anyhow i hope you guys can steer me in the right direction.

is there any advantage to using a rear motor belt drive? id like a 4 stroke so i don't need to carry oil on long rides. well this is enough for now. please point me to a good motor kit. oh ya. is there basically just 1 motor out there  re-branded? i know there's  modified motors, but don't need/want

shaggybirdman

Birthday : 1961-07-03

Back to top Go down