Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine

2 posters

Go down

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Empty Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine

Post by Fabian Mon Apr 07 2014, 01:45

My engine supplier has just got his hands on a 66cc sample engine for me to test; using the new magneto design.
If i find that it's reliable and operates with similar efficiency as the current magneto/coil design, he will order a container shipment.

The engine is similar if not identical to the Grubee Skyhawk "SuperRat", in that it uses an identical 47mm bore, though the stroke is 38mm instead of the "SuperRat" 40mm stroke, which makes the "Rat" engine 69cc; an extra 3cc over the engine i have received.

Here is the engine on the Grubee webpage,

http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk%20Gt5-SR%20SuperRat.html

Having said that, the normal 70cc engines he sells use a 40mm stroke, so if the crankshafts are the same between the new engine design and the old engine design, it would seen logical that the longer stroke crankshaft could be retrofitted into the new engine design.

Thankfully this new engine design is now being sold in the mass market; making magneto parts readily available; Gasbike being one of the suppliers,

http://www.gasbike.net/grubee-skyhawk-gt5-sr-66cc-80cc-slant-head-standard-finish-bike-motor-kit.html

The next question directed at my bicycle engine kit supplier was of the ignition advance curve: was it a 4-stroke advance curve like the commonly available magneto/CDI or a proper 2-stroke ignition advance curve.
It turned out that he was unable to give me an answer so i had to do some more digging, hence i went to town on Google.

Doing some research revealed that this particular integrated magneto system is used on the 2-stroke 3WF18  misting blower,

http://www.delshine-garden.com/pid12366891/3WF18-9+(20L)+131kw+Agricultural+Power+Sprayer.htm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/coil-and-rotor-for-WFB-18_307572702.html

and

the company that manufacturers the integrated magneto is Zhongci, which lists the part number as ZC6002, so spare parts supply is not a problem,

http://www.cnzhongci.com/ENGLISH/productshow.asp?id=1198

so, without further ado, here are the photos,

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Zhongc10

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Zhongc11

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Zhongc12

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Zhongc13

A side note is that a small flywheel puller will be needed to remove this type of magnet from the crankshaft:

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Flywhe10

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Empty Re: Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine

Post by James Cagney Sun Dec 21 2014, 21:32

Yeah I'm in doubt it will make much of an improvement. I'd suggest this before removing the cover. The mag is likely sufficient according to this review ...
James Cagney
James Cagney

Birthday : 1958-11-03

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine Empty Re: Next Generation Magneto/CDI for the 66cc 2-stroke bicycle engine

Post by Fabian Mon Dec 22 2014, 01:27

Based on specifications, the Rocket Racing CDI is a distant second best choice compared to the Jaguar CDI, for the Jaguar CDI has multi adjustable ignition curves to suit a variety of compression ratios should the bike be fitted with various aftermarket billet cylinder heads.

The manufacturers of the Rocket Racing CDI had the opportunity to make an improved version of the Jaguar CDI, giving the option of increased ignition adjustability, but sadly they went backwards and created a fixed ignition curve CDI.

The Jaguar CDI is being constantly developed and now includes temperature compensation built into the electronic hardware.

Fabian
MxBF Power User

Birthday : 1970-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down